Boston Product Liability Lawyers
Every day, unsuspecting victims are injured or killed by defective products. Whether it be a defective design or a manufacturing error, it can often be shown that product manufacturers are negligent or sometimes even purposely value profits over properly safeguarding the health of their consumers.
When a product is purchased, a consumer has a reasonable expectation that the item will function as advertised. Consumers also have a reasonable expectation that they will be warned about any possible harm the product may cause when used. Consumers injured by a defective or malfunctioning product, as well as those injured due to a failure to warn about the dangers involved when using a product, are entitled to seek damages from those responsible. Whether the defective or hazardous condition involved was caused the manufacturer, the distributer who shipped it, or the retailer who sold it, the party responsible can be held liable and forced to compensate the victim for their injuries.
If you or a loved one suffer an injury caused by a defective product, it is very important that you preserve the evidence by keeping the defective product as is, without any changes or modifications, until you consult with an experienced product liability lawyer. If the defective product is owned or controlled by someone else, it is imperative that you seek legal help immediately to help ensure that any needed evidence is properly preserved. Regardless of the circumstances involved, it will always be in your interest to consult with an experienced product liability attorney as soon as possible after suffering a product related injury. Physical evidence needs to be secured before it is altered or lost, those potentially at fault need to be put on notice, and it is important to secure any witness testimony while the events are still fresh in their minds. Probably more so than any other practice area, cases involving defective products should be investigated and acted upon as soon as possible after an injury occurs. So if you or a loved one have been injured as a result of a defective or hazardous product, don’t delay and contact the experienced product liability team at the Law Offices of Christopher Sullivan, P.C.
If you've been injured by a defective or hazardous product, take these important steps to protect your interests:
- Do not make any statements to an insurance company or sign any insurance documentation without first consulting with an attorney.
- Seek immediate medical treatment for your injuries.
- Follow any advice given by medical professionals, including follow-up visits and treatment.
- If you are going to miss time from work, be sure to obtain a medical note explaining that you were advised by a doctor to take time off.
- Most important of all, be sure to consult with a Boston product liability attorney immediately to be advised as to your legal rights, to ensure that any physical evidence is secured, to make sure those potentially at fault are put on notice of your injury, and so that any potential witness testimony can be promptly secured. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Christopher Sullivan, P.C. will not charge you for an initial consultation, and do not get paid unless you get paid, so you have absolutely nothing to lose by contacting us to discuss your product-related injury.
Prefer to schedule a call in advance? Pick a date and time that work best for you with our appointment scheduler.