Massachusetts Dog Attack Lawyers
Individuals attacked or bitten by an animal, in particular dogs, may be entitled to what is called Strict Liability here in Massachusetts. What this means is that negligence need not be proven against the owner or keeper of the dog in order to collect monetary damages for your injuries. Essentially, many of these cases do not involve disputes over who was at fault for the incident and are cases requiring only an assessment as to the monetary value of the injuries suffered.
If you think you may have a claim in this area, it is important to contact us right away. We are experienced Boston dog attack lawyers. The longer you wait, the more likely that important physical evidence can be lost and the harder it will become to locate any potential witnesses to the incident.
If you've been injured in a dog attack accident, take these important steps to protect your interests:
- Immediately contact an experienced Massachusetts dog attack accident attorney to help protect your rights.
- Do not make any statements to the insurance company or sign any insurance documentation without first consulting with an attorney.
- If you feel any pain or discomfort after the accident, go to the hospital immediately in order to get appropriate medical treatment.
- Follow any advice given by medical professionals, including follow-up visits and treatment.
- If you are going to miss any time from work, be sure to obtain a medical note explaining that you were advised by a doctor to take the time off.
- Most important of all, be sure to consult with a Boston dog attack accident attorney immediately in order to make sure that you are aware of your legal rights related to the accident and your injuries. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Christopher Sullivan, P.C. will not charge you for an initial consultation so you have absolutely nothing to lose by talking to us about your accident and your injuries.