Boston Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
All motor vehicle accidents do not involve two or more automobiles. Often times these accidents involve a single automobile striking a pedestrian. These injured pedestrians have the same legal rights against the at-fault driver as those involved in automobile accidents involving two or more vehicles.
In fact, depending on the circumstances, injured pedestrians may have even more legal rights afforded to them than those injured as drivers or passengers in motor vehicles. As for the damages suffered by the injured victim, the injuries are often not only physical in nature, but can also include economic loss due to lost wages and medical bills.
Many injured victims also suffer from associated mental anguish, including a decreased enjoyment of life. Regardless of how you feel immediately following an accident, you should seek the counsel of an experienced lawyer right away. Certain injuries may not manifest themselves until days after the accident and, by this time, important physical evidence can be lost and witnesses may become harder to find. Also, even minor aches and pains can often times be an indication of a more significant injury. Therefore, even if you think your injury may be minor in nature, it is important that you seek medical attention right away.
If you've been injured in a pedestrian accident, take these important steps to protect your interests:
- Immediately contact an experienced Massachusetts pedestrian accident attorney to help protect your rights.
- Do not make any statements to the insurance company or sign any insurance documentation without first consulting with an attorney.
- If you feel any pain or discomfort after the accident, go to the hospital immediately in order to get appropriate medical treatment.
- Follow any advice given by medical professionals, including follow-up visits and treatment.
- If you are going to miss any time from work, be sure to obtain a medical note explaining that you were advised by a doctor to take the time off.
- Most important of all, be sure to consult with a Boston pedestrian accident attorney in order to make sure that you are aware of your legal rights related to the accident and your injuries. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Christopher Sullivan, P.C. will not charge you for an initial consultation and you have nothing to lose by talking to us about your accident and your injuries.